Thursday, October 13, 2011

STORM DAMAGE


STORM DAMAGE



Isaiah 4:5b-6 – God’s own glory will be like a huge tent that covers everything. 6It will provide shade from the heat of the sun and a place of shelter and protection from storms and rain.




Much like life we all have many storms in our life to go through rather you been in a earthquake or tornado or a loved one died could also be a friend who you where close to

Much like sin, which can enter our hearts and minds (often unexpectedly) – it tears us apart and litters our spirits with the debris of wrong choices and bad-decisions, bringing us into lifestyles that destroy all that is good; anything and everything from large ‘hurt those you love’ sins, to small (seemingly insignificant) wrongs, that together wreak havoc on us and all that we hold dear, taking us on journeys we never imagined could happen to us.
Exodus 18:19 – Listen now to My voice; I’ll give you counsel.. (NKJV)
Isaiah 40:29 – The LORD gives strength to those who are weary. (CEV)
We might not always have the wisdom to live life without error – we after all, are not perfect beings; but we can choose to live differently by striving to be God-driven and Jesus-spirited. He is always ready to assist us and shelter us, if we call upon Him; and our footsteps can be guided by Jesus, Son of God in the everlasting Way.
Prayer: Father let us heed the signs you send when we are considering entering ‘stormy relationships and lifestyles’, gather us up, tidy our thinking and our actions, and let us grow more in Your image, standing erect and strong like a tree freed of all that is broken



As the road ahead seems rugged
And the path is getting steep,
I feel that I can't make it
So my heart begins to weep.

Then I turn to see who's coming
To join me on my way,
I see it is my Lord
And he slowly turns to say

"Lean on me.....
When you have no strength to stand.
When you feel you're going under,
Hold tighter to my hand.

Lean on me.....
When your heart begins to bleed.
When you know I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need."

Then when I felt that no one cared
If I lived or died,
And no one bothered asking why
I'd go alone to cry.

When the burden got so heavy
I could barely face the day,
I felt His arms around me
As I gently heard Him say

"Lean on me.....
When you have no strength to stand.
When you feel you're going under,
Hold tighter to my hand.

Lean on me.....
When your heart begins to bleed.
When you come to know I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment