Monday, May 31, 2010

Conquering Loneliness



Conquering Loneliness

Psalm 25:15-22

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
free me from my anguish.

18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.

19 See how my enemies have increased
and how fiercely they hate me!

20 Guard my life and rescue me;
let me not be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.

21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you.

22 Redeem Israel, O God,
from all their troubles



THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

I know the pain of loneliness. I was the only child and my mother Rejected me before i was born . Although my Grandmother took care of me i still had that deep pain of loneliness ,My adult life has been marked by periods of emotional isolation as well. However, God has never abandoned me to these feelings.
The Lord desires that all people feel connected to Him and to each other. And in fact, we can be quickly comforted when we respond wisely to loneliness.
The first step is to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Believing He exists is not enough. The Lord created mankind for fellowship, which is why a relationship with Him gives people a sense of oneness. The love of Christ squeezes loneliness out of the lives of God's children.
Second, we must admit that we're lonely. Some Christians incorrectly think they shouldn't be susceptible to normal human feelings. But nothing in the Bible says we won't endure emotional isolation. Not only men like David and Paul, but even the Lord Himself knew the ache of feeling deserted (Ps. 25:16, 2 Tim. 4:16; Matt. 26:40; 27:46).
Finally, we ought to develop godly friends. These are the Christian brothers and sisters who will laugh, cry, and empathize with us. Above all, believers need friends who will continually point them to God and pray over them.
We can't deny feelings of loneliness, nor can we run from them. A person who seeks ways to escape those feelings only broadens the gap between the Lord and himself. There is just one way to close the chasm and conquer loneliness—by drawing near to the Lord



We sometimes out Fear we get ourselves in to trouble because of being Lonely but God is with you ..and he sill direct your path .

Psalm 73:24
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.

God will direct you to someone rather to call someone or to go somewhere and sometimes he leads you to the right people or just going to church where you fellowship with other Christian

To be Onest Sometimes i feel lonely but i know what to do to get myself out of trap that the devil tries to make us believe we are alone ...I Know God is with me even when iam alone

so let us Hold on to God he surely will hold on to you .





Quote



God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them, and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music; give us the sense of comradeship with heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honour and glory.

Augustine





Prayer



Help in times of need lord , Give us strength to get through the days when we are feeling alone , Or just feeling you dont fit in but in you Dear lord we do fit in and can a light to others in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment