Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Never Forsaken




Never Forsaken



TODAY'S VERSE Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5

TODAY'S THOUGHT

One of the first things they teach you in marriage communications is to stay away from using emotionally fatalistic words like "never" or "always", as in, "You never help around here!" or "You always waste money." It is very rare that human behavior is "always" or "never". But what about God? The Bible makes it clear that His ways are not our ways. In Romans 3:4 it says, "Even if everyone else is a liar, God is true!" Now consider today's verse in light of the fact that God does not lie. Moses tells us to be strong and courageous and not afraid. The author of Hebrews wrote to be content with what you have. Why all the optimism? Why the courage? Because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." God Himself has said to you and I, "Never." Never. NEVER! Let it sink in - He will never leave you or forsake you! Today, right now, let this fact change your day. Let it reshape your emotions. Let it precede all your decisions. He will never leave you or forsake you.


you can give your baby up , you can buy a house and lose it , you can lose your wife or husband , as the bible says until death do us part
or your partner can leave for another person ..but in all in all Jesus said i will never leave you nor forsake you


TODAY'S PRAYER Father, I wander through most days with so much doubt. Perhaps apathy is a better word. I live as if you half exist. I haven't taken most of your promises seriously. I have not been content. Most the time I am not strong or courageous. Forgive me for this. Instead, help me today really grasp what it means that you will never leave me or forsake me. In Jesus Name. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment