Thursday, May 13, 2010

True Light

True Light


TODAY'S VERSE "If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment." Isaiah 50:10-11 (NLT) "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." II Corinthians 11:14 (NLT)

TODAY'S THOUGHT When we are in the dark, we tend to think that any light will do. But that is not true. I started one night on a four hour hike into a deep forest along a mountain trail. I had no choice, I had to go. But to my dismay, all I had was a flashlight with poor batteries. As the light failed, the walk ended up more like eight hours. You can't tell me that the kind of light you have doesn't make a difference. It was the hardest trek of my life because the light I had was no good. The prophet Isaiah is warning us that when it gets dark, we need trust in God, not our own light. How often can we become deceived by good sounding logic? Paul warns us that Satan comes to us masquerading as an angel of light! Today there are all kinds of self-help messages. While a lot of what is said is good, nothing can replace the light of God, His word and His presence. Spend time with Him. Use His light. Nothing else will light up your path like the light of Jesus and his word.

TODAY'S PRAYER Jesus, You said that You are the light of the world. Please come today and direct my path. Show me the way. Keep me from falling prey to a deceiving light and false direction. I commit myself and my journey to You. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment